What I Write About
Mostly I focus my attention on Leadership & Management, Marketing, Technology, and Customer Experience and the impact these topics have on consumers and businesses. You might also find some posts on this blog about food. It’s a big passion of mine – especially cheap, local eateries around the world that are a true representation of the cultures that made these places their homes. Once in a while, I will post a bit of a rambling as a thought starter for myself or to provoke conversation.
Most Popular Posts
- 15 Truths About Customer Experience
- I’m Breaking Up With My iPhone And This Is Why (Or, Don’t Let Your Customers Reach Their Breaking Point)
- Find Common Ground To Create Exceptional Experiences
- Common Sense Isn’t So Common
- Building A Personal Brand Is Good For You AND Your Employer
- Email Marketing 102: Make Reporting An Obsession
- I Found A Rubberband In My Pocket This Morning
- You’ve Got To Get The Basics Right Before You Can Own The Fancy Burger
- Affirm The Purchase Decision Long After The Sale
Born in Michigan and raised in the San Francisco Bay Area. Wife to an extraordinarily forgiving and patient man, and mother to a lively 4 year old boy, 1 year old pup, grumpy old cat, and three fish named Peter. Two-time C-level executive at growth and scale domestic & global SaaS software companies. For the past 10 years as Principal of CXPBootcamp, I’ve consulted companies on the practical application of customer experience strategies. I regularly speak at industry events, am passionate about mentoring the next generation of leaders, and have published fiction, business non-fiction, and poetry books over the years.
In 2017, I co-founded EdioLabs to help hard-working parents engage with, better understand, and help their children learn and grow with the few hours they have together most days.
I created my own major called New Media and Communications (combination of Cognitive Science, Computer Science, Psychology, English) at UC Berkeley back when this Internet “stuff” was still called New Media.